Candidates seeking admission to the school have to get themselves registered with the school. For this purpose application forms are made available along with the school prospectus. Admissions are made subject to the availability of seats in the concerned class.
LIST OF SELECTED CANDIDATES FOR ADMISSION IN NURSERY UNDER RTE FOR SESSION 2017-2018
WAITING LIST CANDIDATES FOR ADMISSION IN NURSERY CLASS UNDER RTE FOR SESSION 2017-2018
INFORMATION FOR ADMISSION TO NURSERY CLASS
- Age 3+ as on 31st March,2017
- Total No. of Seats: 108
- General Category: 81
- 10% of general category seats shall be reserved for the following:-
⋄ Real sibling of students already studying in Shishu Niketan, Sector 22-D, Chandigarh.
⋄ Children of school teachers/staff.
⋄ Off springs of Alumni of Shishu Niketan, Sector 22-D, Chandigarh who passed X or XII class from this school.
- RTE Category:27
DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED WITH REGISTRATION FORM/ ADMISSION FORM
DOWNLOAD REGISTRATION FORM
click here to Download
FEE STRUCTURE FOR CLASS NURSERY
⋄ Tuition Fee: Rs. 1550/- (per month).
⋄ Annual Charges: Rs. 4000/- (per annum).
⋄ Admission Fee: Rs. 7000/- (at the time of admission).
⋄ Caution Money(Refundable): Rs. 2000/- (at the time of admission).
- Parents / Guardians of the selected candidates are required to fill the Admission form which they will collect from the school office and submit the filled up Admission form to the school office by the indicated date.
- Parents have to ensure that –
- All entries in the admission form are written legibly and correctly.
- The following documents are required to be submitted along with the admission form :
Original Birth Certificate from Registrar of Deaths & Births (For Classes Nursery to IX)Original TC/SLC from school last attended (for candidates other than Nursery).Character Certificate from Head of the Institution last attended (for classes IX to XII).Result Card of the class last attended (for all classes expect Nursery).
Note : Principal’s decision regarding admission will be final.
- Fee is payable in advance by 20th of the month for which it is due. Payment by cheque is accepted.
- If the dues are not paid by the 20th of the month a fine of Rs. 10/- per day will be charged. The defaulter’s name is removed from the rolls on the last day of the month (without any notice).
- Fee is to be paid as directed in the Fee booklet.
- The management can revise upwards the fee and other charges by 10-15% at the beginning of the new academic session.
Any parent desirous for withdrawal of his/her ward from the school, should apply in writing for a TRANSFER/SCHOOL LEAVING CERTIFICATE by 31st March or at least one calendar month prior to withdrawal.
On receipt of parent’s application, school office will give the parent a NO DUES form. The copy of the form will be used for issuing the Transfer Certificate and it will be issued to the parent.
Students can avail of the School transport subject to the availability of seats. The routes of the school buses are drawn up and parents should consult the School transport in charge for necessary details.
- The school has its own/contracted buses to carry children to school and back home.
- A parent wishing to withdraw his child from availing the transport facility must inform the school office IN WRITING by the last day of the month for which the transport charges have been paid failing which the parent will pay transport charges for the following month.
Instructions for Parents / Guardians
- Parents must ensure that their wards are regular, punctual, properly dressed and always carry school diary with them.
- Leave applications up to three days should be addressed to the class teacher and for more than three days to the Principal.
- Medical leave must be accompanied by a medical certificate.
- No short leave for birthdays, engagements or any other family celebration will be granted during school hours.
- Parents are requested to discourage their wards from using private car, scooter, etc. for coming to school.
- Transportation of the ward to and from the school is entirely the responsibility of the parent/guardian.
- No friends or acquaintances may be directed on behalf of the parents to visit their ward during school hours. This will not be permitted.
- Parents are welcome to contact personally the Principal/Wing Incharge & the teachers during the fixed meeting hours/days to ascertain the progress of their children.
- Private tuitions are strongly discouraged. Tuitions hinder the progress and hit the self-confidence of a child. This is why the tuitions are discouraged. If, in case, a child needs individual attention in studies, the Principal should be consulted before engaging a tutor.
- Parents are requested :
- To ensure that fee is paid in time.
- To provide their children with proper textbooks and notebooks, etc.
- To ensure themselves that their children diligently attend to the homework, class tests, monthly tests, assignments, etc.
Parent Teacher Meeting
- To know the ward’s academic progress and participation in co-curricular activities, parents are requested to attend parent-teacher meetings regularly. These are held on the 2nd Saturday of every month.
- Parents are not allowed to meet the teacher on other days.
- A student should carry his photograph and complete identity information signed by a parent.
- Students should be clean and neatly dressed.
- Non-Sikh boys should get their hair cut at regular intervals. Sikh boys must wear turbans in Class IX and above. A patka may be worn only while playing games.
- The school is not responsible for goods lost. It is advisable not to bring valuable articles.
- The school reserves the right to suspend or take strict disciplinary action against a student whose diligence or progress in studies is constantly unsatisfactory or whose conduct is harmful to other students.
- Every parent should see that the child applies for leave and gets it sanctioned before absenting himself/herself from the school.
- Students are expected to respect the property of the school.
A student’s name is liable to be struck off the rolls for :
- Long absence of more than 10 days without information /shortage of lectures.
- Non-payments of dues.
- On grounds of indiscipline. (use of drugs, violence etc.)
Our Curriculum CCE
We prepare the students for the All India Senior Secondary Examination conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education , New Delhi under its 10+2 pattern.
The main aim is to impart education so as to ensure physical, intellectual, moral and spiritual development of the students.
In its pursuit of excellence and for complete development of the pupil’s personality the school seeks to promote specialized knowledge, moral integrity and dedication for high professional competence.
The curriculum for the Junior classes is based on the latest innovations in teaching. The class rooms are well equipped with educational toys and charts.
- The medium of instructions is English, Hindi & Punjabi are taught as compulsory subjects.
- Medical, Non-Medical , Commerce streams are offered to students of class XI & XII.
- The curriculum includes the subjects of English, Hindi, Punjabi, Social Sciences, General Sciences, Mathematics, Drawing, Work-Experience, P.T. and Games. Computer education is compulsory.
- The school has well-equipped laboratories for Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Computer & Maths. The library is well stocked and extensively used. Education is imparted through various Audio Visual Aids and Computers.